Monday, February 23, 2009

HRC Power Advantage Program




For all of you that attended the High Road Cycles (HRC) Power Advantage Program this Winter..awesome job! I know EVERYONE increased their Functional Threshold Power (FTP)..and that was the purpose of the Program.

I HIGHLY recommend all of you purchase Dr. Andy Coggan's and Hunter Allen's book entitled, "Training and Racing with a Power Meter". Everything that came out of my mouth during the past 12 weeks, can be found in more detail inside the book. There are signed copies (Hunter Allen) available for $20 at HRC.

Speaking of purchases...if you don't have a Power Tap or some other PM, consider buying one. It will help you tremendously for training and racing. Everybody ALWAYS complains about how expensive they are, but yet these SAME PEOPLE are the first to go out and buy the $2,000+ cool looking wheelset. I never understood that.

I also want to stress the importance of having your "bike fit" checked, not only for health and comfort but for maximizing your power output. And, this is the time of the year to get that checked..not in June when somebody notices how out of position you are..or when you're wondering why your knee hurts on every ride.

Don't stop now, keep training..you know the workouts you should be doing. Remember the physiological adaptation chart I showed you? That is the reason why I prescribe the workouts that I did/do..because they work..they make you stronger/faster.

Lastly, if you want to continue working and/or training with Todd Wiley and me..send us an email or stay tuned to this blog for upcoming camps/clinics. Todd and I are both coaches and if you want to get to that NEXT higher level..ask us about our coaching services. I specialize in Power Based Training.

From both of us (Todd and me)...great job..ride strong..ride with power! Coach Rob

No comments: