Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's official...I'm an Official!



That's right..there's a new sheriff in town and you better not cross the yellow line during your race or I'm gonna have to blow my whistle..haha. In all seriousness, I passed my USA Cycling Officials exam today so if I'm not racing, coaching or taking action photography at the local races..I'll be officiating.

I figured, as a coach, I really should know the rules better than what I already do..so why not officiate and REALLY get to know them. After all, the rules are there for two reasons: a) our safety and b) so the races are fair and ridden on a level playing surface (if only they REALLY were).

If you want a copy of the 2010 USA Cycling Road Rules..click on this link:
http://www.usacycling.org/forms/USAC_rulebook.pdf Or if you have a question interpreting a specific rule, email me. Power ON! Coach Rob

No comments: